allergic to iodine IVP contrast
When i was 24 yrs I was having some weird obgyn symptoms the gyno ordered a catscan  with contrast  dye to check my pituitary gland they said this was iodine and i broke out in hives on the table back in 1989 they had portable scans coming to the hospitals at this time , and supposely my pitutary was normal and now i am going thru hypo symptoms normal levels and multigoitors which looks like a glob not a butterfly so my question is can i ever have  the radioactive iodine treatment? i'm currently on synthyroid .75 mcg  graduating to 100 mcg in 4 wks and feel more normal then HYPO ,  I am a walking nightmare intolerances and allergies to everything and i just had a reaction to Ionophorsis steroid   stuff  for my shoulder injury , so can i ever get a cortisone shot in my shoulder  again
ii don't know whats safe and whats not anymore? my gyno  and my pcp said don't get sick we are running out of options i had my gallbladder removed lapro and no antibiotics and i got shingles so what should i do to keep  safe with my thyroid treatment
I know there are nuclear testings that don't use iodine for their scans...And, more than likely, the steroid injection had something in it called lidocaine (or a relative of it) which is a numbing agent, and a common allergy...-If you find this is so, be careful if you ever get a filling or stitches, as this is also used in those settings...And as far as the iodine goes, stay away from shellfish...You probably know most of this already, as you've had to deal with these things...have you ever had allergy testing? You may find, many of your medication allergies are from what the medication is suspended in and perhaps, not the medicine itself...I can't imagine your frustration level about now...Take care and I hope this helps a bit...((((((((((((((((((((HUGZ))))))))))))