biopsy
Should a thyroid fine needle biopsy be done by an endocronologist or a radiologist? If the first biopsy does not produce enough cells, should the same doctor do the repeat biopsy?
Mine was done by the radiologist- it was ultrasound guided to he was sure to get enough cells.When he was done, he sent it to pathology while I laid on the table with the sterile sheet on my neck to check if he had enough cells taken.  It took what seemed like forever, but it saved me from having to come back again.  If he didn't have enough cells, he was going to have to go in again.   I didn't have to have a repeat biopsy since he got enough cells.  Good luck.
I had the same experience as redhed, although pathology was right in the room with us.  I only had to do the one biopsy as well, and it took about 10 minutes was all.  Good luck to you!
Mine was done by a radiologist with a guided ultrasound as well.  The slides were sent to pathology and not enough cells had been gathered.  I had a second biopsy immediately.  They used a bigger needle and made sure that there were plenty of cells the second time.  It was pretty awful but at lease I didn't have to go in a second time.