blood work results
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get your blood work results back. I had mine done over 6weeks ago no call back from Dr. I called back 2 weeks after doing the blood work and recpt. told me the Dr. has them will look at them on Friday. Then just about 2 weeks ago I called and left a message with another recpt. to have the Dr. call me back she said ok within 48 hours. Still  no call I called 2days ago was told by the 1st recpt. that my results just came in there was a problem with the lab getting the results to them and that I will get a call back yesterday. Still nothing called today they will not allow me to get a copy for fill a release out to get the results back. I know I need another Dr and have an appt on Wed. with one just figured if I get these results it would save me time and not have to do it all over again. About to just give up but I have a large goiter on my right side of my neck that causes me some issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated...
I always get mine back in one week. Have your new doctor's office request a copy from the old office.
I work in a doctor's office and draw blood all the time and we usually get the test results the very next day depending on what type of test you had done.  If it was routine tests then your results probably came back within 1-2 days.  On occasion the lab does mess up and will delay getting test results but not 6 weeks.  My guess is, the doctor is the type of doctor who takes a long time getting to their test results and probably hasn't even looked at them yet and the office is just trying to delay you.  Your blood is only good for 3-7 days at the lab so there's no way that the lab had delayed this long.  I would go ahead and fill out the medical record release and get a new doctor.  They will want all your records anyway.  If you want though, you can fill out the release at your new doctor's office and they will fax it to your old doctor's office but I doubt they will fax your results that day at your visit.  It sounds like a very incompetant office.
I usually get my results in a few days. Before I had an Endo, my PCP doc starting ordering the blood tests, and those I had to wait quite a while (2 weeks) for. But since I have been seeing the Endo, results come in very quick.
I also get my results the very next day.
Thanks for all your help that is what I thought I ended  up going into the office and very nicely requested to sign a release for my records and let me tell you they were very angry that I would even suggest going to another physican. I politely told them I am entiled to a 2nd opinon and come to find out they by the print  out they had my results and doctor looked at them but stated she just did not get around to calling me in regards to them. She has had and signed off on them 4days after they were taken. I have a new doctor and hope all goes well there.
Good for you!  Thanks for sharing that experience.  It and the feedback helps me to see how others handle these kind of situations.  Hope the new doctor is better.