Thyroid Disorders Community
born without a thyroid
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

born without a thyroid

My daughter was born without a thyroid. It never decended to the proper place and withered.  She has been on synthroid since 3 days old.  It was caught right away. She is now 7, and on 75 mg. Marley is @ 4'3" at 7. I have noticed that she has gained some weight this past year but don't know if its effects of thyroid or just being a kid. I was wondering too, she says that she sometimes just feels like crying. Again I don't know if it's just being a kid or thyroid effects. Does anyone have the same situation? Thanks for the imput. ***@****  

This discussion is related to i was born without a THYROID GLAND, WAS ANY ONE ELSE BORN without one?.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi, my name is Lee, I was born without a thyroid. Am doing fine. am now 41 years old. Have to take the levothyroxine all my life.
Blank
757973_tn?1234462369
Maybe she should get her levels checked again because they can fluctuate, and she may need a higher dosage of Sythroid as she gets older. My doc told me that as I got older, I would probably need a higher dosage of sythroid. And he was right, I went from 50 to 75 to 88mcg. Usually people without enough thyroid hormone in their body will suffer from weight gain and depression. You should call her doctor.
Blank
420977_tn?1238120425
hey

I was born without a thyroid too im 19 yrs old..

When was the last time you had her levels checked? i know whenever my meds to low i start to gain weight like crazy...my appetite increases and I get all emotinal!! maybe thats all thats wrong! mentions those symptoms to her endocrinologist!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...