calcification on thyroid. Hyperthyroidism?
I went to the chiropractor because I have been having frequent headaches. He took a lateral view xray of my cervical spine and he said there was calcification on my thyroid. I have an appointment in 3 weeks with an endocrinologist but in the mean time I am going crazy because there I am finding numerous reasons for calcification on the thyroid. My symptoms include: frequent headaches, progressive vision problems, alll over muscle pain/ache, insomnia, fatigue, muscle spasms, intermittent twitching in the right eye that has lasted for at least one month, rapid heartbeat, reddening of the skin on my cheeks and nausea. I did have a thyroid scan in my early 20's, now 34, after having my daughter and was unable to get over 100lbs and they said I was borderline for hyperthyroidism but not enough to take meds for. They said the side effects would be worse than the benefits I would receive from any medication. My symptoms started in July and have progressively gotten worse.   Does anyone have any insight?
Thanks :)
Muscle twitching/spasms, fatigue, insomnia, joint/muscle ache, all are symptoms of thyroid trouble.  Sounds more like Graves disease (hyperthyroidism), but could be many things.  For that they would want to halt your thyroid production.  An Endo should be able to figure out what is wrong, you will probably have an ultrasound to check for nodules.  
Thank you for the response. I researched graves disease and it does sound like it could be that. My eyes do bulge a little but I didn't think about that because they have always been that way since I was a kid. I woke up today for the 5th day in a row with a headache and my body aches being the worst they have ever been. I called the Endo and they agreed to see me tomorrow. Do they run your test results at the office or is that something that usually has to be sent out to the lab? If it's the latter I hope they can give me something to relieve the headaches and body aches.  I don't know what that would be because pain pills make me sick when I take them. Either way I am just glad they moved my app back, I will post the results once I get them.
Thanks again.
I am a cancer patient and I had hashimoto's, which is opposite of Graves.  The Endo will likely take a blood sample and may get an ultrasound, many Endos have a US machine in their office.  Blood work should tell you if Graves is the trouble, ultrasound will look at your thyroid and determine if there is a problem with nodules in your tyroid.  If you do have Graves, I don't know the treatment, except many times if they can't regulate you through meds, they will give you a dose of Radioactive Iodine to slow your thyroid production.  I don't really know much else, maybe after you get a diagnosis you can post with the results, there are many people on these boards who can help you more after that.  J