can someone get there thyroid tested without going to a doctor?
My sister has had hypo thyroid I believe for a long time, she has no med Ins, she recently had a heart attack, I believe it came from not taking care of her thyroid. I told my mom to have her go to a regular doctor and request these tests and then for her to post them here, if there is a way to by pass the Indo doctor please let mle know. thanks
Any doctor can order FT3, FT4 and TSH.  It doesn't have to be an endo.

You can also get these online without a doctor's order.  They will send you to a local lab for the draw and will send the results directly to you.  Of course, self ordered tests are self pay.  Last I looked the three were about $85 altogether.  Members have had good luck with healthcheckusa, but there are many online options for you to choose from.
thankyou, that really will help. Especially since just seeing the doctor when you don't have Ins. is most likely 85.$'s if not more, and thats not counting the lab draw and the reading of it. thankyou, I'll pass it on.