choking, thyroid
I had surgery one year ago to remove my thyroid. Afterwards, they biopsied and found cancer. I was assured the doctor had removed it all and I was in the clear. Since the surgery, I have a constant feeling on the right side of my throat where the surgery was that there is something caught in there. I have had on at least 8 seperate occasions unbelievable choking fits that come on out of nowhere and last about 20 minutes to the point where I can almost not catch my breath. I have been woken up out of a dead sleep twice because of this and then other occasions. There is nothing that I can think of that is causing this. But, my throat is constantly irritated as if there is something, like a crumb, caught in there. Any ideas? It is very scary when it happens and am wondering if one of these times if I'll be able to catch my breath at all?
Hi, I’m in the same boat as you....had thyroid remover a year ago, two operations, diagnosed as cancer and now clean.
I have the same problem but on the left side of my throat and doctors put it down to anxiety attacks. This is complete rubbish but it can spur on the problems because if you aren’t feeling well it can cause anxiety.
Every day it feels like a have a type of swelling inside my throat and I had a gastroscopy examination and they found a hiatus hernia. Now this can cause these symptoms and can be brought on by something as simple as bending over to pick up an object from the floor.
Last night was the same , every time I tried to sleep I started coughing and this occurs daily as well. My throat does not feel well but I’m not to worried about it cause I have had all tests and I know that I have no cancer.
Believe that you have no cancer and you will feel better and annoy the doctors to do all the required tests, believe in yourself and that you know your body better than any doctor.
Also do you suffer from reflux?
ps try sleeping with 2 pillows as it helps at times.
Hope that this helps