cold hands and feet
Could thyroid problems be connected to cold hands and feet?
my mother in law has had a ill for a few months trying to get her levels right, she has been feeling realy unwell but she has been complaining of realy cold hands and feet, she spends most of the day with her feet on a hot water bottle but they are still cold to touch, she has tried lots of home remidies but nothing seems to work. She also says they feel numb is this typical of thyroid disorders?
Any ideas ?
Yes cold feet and hands, numbness are typical in Thyroid disease, Can you post her levels here to look at then, someone will have a bit more on how to give advise then:) Is she being treated for Hypo or Hyper?
I always have cold hands and feet! I am usually hypo. There is a condition called Reynaud's disease which constricts blood to the extremities.
The numbness may be due to lack of calcium or other issues.
She was originaly diagnosed with hypo about 5 years ago, she then became unwell a few months ago after being over medicated with levthyroxine here results came back and she was hyper,  so in jan the doctor stopped here from taking levothyroxine, we then went back at the beggining of this month and she is hypo again so he has started her on 50 mcg of levothyroxine. her colesterol has rapidly gone up and so has her blood pressure, he won't tell us her levels .
Gee, they have no right not to tell her her levels. But maybe now if she has started back on meds slow and builds up to what suits her she will start to improve, My cholesterol and blood pressure did go up but came back down when the meds kicked in, hopefully this will work for her as well, it should or they need to look at maybe other causes..