Thyroid Disorders Community
collarbone sticking out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

collarbone sticking out

hi iam 29 years old, i have been on .75mcg of levoxyl fro years for hypothyroidism, i have a strange question my collar bone on the right side suddenly got a bulge in it it sticks out pretty far and it feels pressury like something is pushing outward on it, i feel it on the right side of my throat as well face feels strange sensations, i have never had ultra sound of thyroid they just did standard blood tests said it was low and put me on meds then check it every 6 months...they have had to keep upping my dose lately....is the bone sticking out possibly thyroid related??? any ideas on what would cause it?
It is possible you have a sub-sternal thyroid but only an ultrasound would tell for sure.  That would be the next step that I'd recommend and maybe a CT scan.
i had a nucleur medicine bone scan on friday (because of other health problems) and they did extra scans of my neck when i showed it to the radiologist, its kinda a mri scan so i am hoping that will show what it is..iam going to talk to my doctor about scanning my thyroid i have never seen anyone with this before..its getting worse it feels like something is pushing on it..i can feel it in my throat as well.