confused about blood results
my thyroid results are as follows - Thyroid Panel 0.050 - T3 23 - T4 9.7 - Free T4 index 2.2 - Thyroid Peroxidase antibodies <10 what does this all mean??
We need to know reference ranges for the T3 and T4, as well as the T4 index.  Ranges vary lab to lab, so must come from your own report.

We also need to know if the T3 is free or total; appears to be total, which is considered obsolete and of little value.

Is the 0.050 a TSH result? Appears that you might be hyper.

The TPOab indicates that you do not have Hashimoto's, but you need to also get Thyroglobulin Antibodies (TGab) tested in order to rule it out, since either or both of the antibodies can be present in Hashimoto's. If you have hyperthyroidism, you should also be tested for Graves Disease.  Thyroid Stimulating Immunoglobulin (TSI) is the definitive test for Graves.

What, if any, symptoms of a thyroid condition do you have?
thanks barb ref range for T3 is 22-35% . T4 range is 4.5 - 12.0 mcg/dl - free T4 index is 2.2 range is 1.4 - 3.8. 0.050 is the TSH result. The T3 result just says T3 index.

I have difficulty sleeping and feel jittery inside dont concentrate well and actually have gained weight and cant seem to lose it.  
Total T3 is of very little value, and I've never seen it reported as a percentage.

Total T4 is also of little value.  You need to have Free T3 and Free T4 tested.  If your doctor won't test these, you will need to find one who will.

Your symptoms, except weight gain, indicate hyper, but your test results lean toward hypo.

Talk to your doctor and try to get the Free T3 and Free T4 tests.  

Are you currently on a thyroid replacement medication?  If so, which one, what dosage and for how long have you been on it?
not on any meds yet I am goin to endo next Tues. will ask for the free TT3 and T4.  Thanks for you knowledge
Let me clarify --- don't ask for Free TT3 and T4; ask for FREE T3 and FREE T4.  I'm not yelling at you by using capital letters; just want to be sure you understand.  Also ask him to run the TGab that I mentioned in my first post; that's the other antibody test and is just as important as the TPOab.

Be sure to keep us posted on your endo appointment and if he refuses to run those tests, start looking for another right away.