Thyroid Disorders Community
consuming alcohol with hashimoto thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

My mother was diagnosed with Hashimoto thyroid, and she was told to watch for signs of it in her daughter, which is me. She took me once when I was little to her thyroid doctor and he then could already tell that I had the disease. She was told to take me in after I had, had my period for a year. So I was taken in over the summer to get my blood and ultrasound done. The blood results came back fine but they had found a tumor on my thyroid in the ultrasound. So two weeks later I was back in there getting a biopsy done to see if it was cancerous. Luckily it wasn't, so since my thyroid is still acting well, my doctor didn't put me on medication. Well, now when I go places many people are drinking, and I don't join in, mostly because I have no interest in it, but also because I don't know if alcohol will do anything to my thyroid. So I was wondering if anyone here knew...Does drinking alcohol do anything to my thyroid, or even the tumor on my thyroid?