Thyroid Disorders Community
"cystic lesion"
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

"cystic lesion"

I just had an ultrasound that showed a very large ( 5.4 X 2.4 X 4.1 cm) cystic lesion of the thyroid.  The report said it may be a degenerating adenoma but a chronic neoplasm can't be ruled out.  My TSH is low.  My free serum Triiodothyronie is high, free T4 is normal, and Thyroid Peroxidase is 23 with the range being 0 - 34.

I really don't understand this, and can't seem to find much information to explain it.  Any thoughts?
Related Discussions
In some cases the common type of thyroid nodule [thyroid adenoma] is desintegrating, creating the dead tissue and fluid filled blister [cyst].
Please forgive my stupid analogy if you ever studied astronomy, it similar to the planetary nebula formation when the star --[adenoma] dies then the planetary nebula [cyst] forms.
chronic neoplasm does NOT mean it is cancer they just thinking it can be large cyst
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...