cytomel and anxiety
Has anyone used Cytomel for anxiety? If so, would you mind sharing your experiences. I am having major anxiety and wondered if this would be of any benefit.
Thanks for your input.
Peggy
Cytomel is a T3 - the only way this would benefit you would be if your T3 is low and need to get that level up.  Low T3 could cause anxiety but you need to know your thyroid blood panel to really see if you need it. Cytomel is not really a med to control anxiety.

Xanax is the most given or a generic.
The thing is that xanax is not doing a thing for it.
Cytomel would GIVE you anxiety, not allieve it.  I got off of it because it made my heart race slightly and didn't allow me to have a proper sleep/wake cycle.  This is not an anti-anxiety drug AT ALL.  If you don't make enought T3 out of the T4 replacement I assume you're taking, Cytomel would be the drug prescribed.  If not, don't take it.
pep,
thank you. That is the problem I am having. sleep...Waking up every 1.5-2 hours. I am exhausted, and the xanax, sleeping pills, are not having any effect on that.