Diagnosed with silent thyroiditis in June - last blood test showed my T4 at 1.0 ( .8->1.7 norm) and my TSH at 38 (.2->5.5 norm).
My endo gave me the option to try cytomel 5 mcg 2x daily. I started this on 9/17 - and 2 days ago I started having symptoms of being hyperthyroid. I called him and told him I was going to stop the cytomel treatment, and he said that was fine. Since then, I've had really bad headaches and my energy level is 0. Any advice? Is synthroid better for me? Should I just wait it out and hope my thyroid will return to normal?
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.