Thyroid Disorders Community
cytomel and me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

cytomel and me

Diagnosed with silent thyroiditis in June - last blood test showed my T4 at 1.0 ( .8->1.7 norm) and my TSH at 38 (.2->5.5 norm).

My endo gave me the option to try cytomel 5 mcg 2x daily.  I started this on 9/17 - and 2 days ago I started having symptoms of being hyperthyroid.  I called him and told him I was going to stop the cytomel treatment, and he said that was fine.  Since then, I've had really bad headaches and my energy level is 0.  Any advice?  Is synthroid better for me?  Should I just wait it out and hope my thyroid will return to normal?
No No No, you do not wait this out.  You are definately hypothyroid and need thyroid meds.

You need t4 supplement like synthroid, not t3 cytomel.  No wonder you where feeling hyper.

Then go get tested after 6 weeks on synthroid and go frm there.

Are you going to the right endo.