diarrhea and synthroid
It has only been 2 weeks since they removed my thyrroid.
3 days now with diarrhea.
Befor I was hyperthyroid and never had this much diarrhea. Also had racing heart, but took metorporolo and now have stopped it in the last 2 qeeks.
Heart rate is good, so how could the diarrhea be caused by the synthroid - I mean I thought maybe they gav eme too much, but endo said he did not want to see me for 1 month since it would take that long for synthroid to stabilize before he did the firs adjustment, and here it is only 2 weeks and the diarrhea for 3 days now.
Any ideas on whter it could be the syhroid, and if it took me to hyper again, wouldn't I hav elal the other symptoms too? Not jsut the diarrhea.
Can the t3/4 be tested on only 2 weeks of synthroid?
I don't know if I should just be patient until the 1st week of Jan when I am to see endo, or go to my family doctor before that.
Thanks!
If it's bad, you should see your doctor about perscribing something. I ended up with a scrip one time, and it worked.

Two weeks is a little early to test hormone levels based on starting meds. Six weeks, four at the soonest.

You could be suffering effects of hormone dumps from the surgery, which might be a good reason to test, if you had other symptoms.

I guess it's your call. If you feel hyper, ask for at least a TSH, if not, deal with the other issue. You have a valid reason to ask for a TSH, and a Free T4. I had both run once a week for a month after RAI.
Think about probiotics, too.
I've had ongoing digestive issues that have slooowly been clearing up. I just started a probiotic to make my gut happy.

I'm taking Culturelle, because it's new and costs twenty bucks a box and the hospital nutritionist suggested it. My wife had a bottle of some old stuff in the fridge that the pharmacist said was just as good. LOL!!

But the poor guy ordered it in for me so I am trying it. We will see.

Not a commercial, just a thought.

May I also include an additional idea....I agree with AR that you definately need probiotics...make sure they are in the billion count, and a reputable brand from a healthfood store. All probiotics are not equal....they lose potency unless they are enteric coated. The enteric coating also keeps the stomach acids from breaking the pill down before it gets to the small intestine.
I also have found taking activated charcoal capsules before bed will help rid me of loose stools if due to medication, viral, or reaction to food or meds.  But, you don't want to take it within 4 hours of taking meds or supplements. That's why I will take it at night IF I am having bowel issues. Just my experience, not trying to give medical advice.....that's my disclaimer! :)  
That soon after surgery, on a new med and having symptoms (including the one you mention on the other thread) - I'd call either the surgeon, endo or regular dr.

I saw something that said havng diarrhea could possibly mean the dosage might need to be reevaluated.

Good luck.