Thyroid Disorders Community
do you feel consistent through the day with armour??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hi all,
I'm currently in the middle of a T4 + T3 experiement.... I've been monkeying around with my doses trying to get to a point where I can tolerate some T3, I tend to feel better with T3, but it feels like a bit of roller coaster... I'm either pretty buzzy or tired and lethargic depending on the time since last dose..... (I have to say I have never slept better! I'm so letheragic by morning I could sleep all day!!)...

my guess is that at the moment my my t4 is abit low and I'm surfing my T3 hits; so when they wear off I'm left with low t4 to convert into t3... I'd like to think that after my next couple of blood tests I'd be able to iron this out abit and feel generally more consistently better.  maybe gett to a high t4 high t3 test??

lots of people here use armour, do you get these rushes from the t3 that then fade off leaving you tired?? or is it smoother??

Only thing I can add is that the effect of T3 peaks about 3 hours after ingestion, then gradually trails off.  I've been doing some experimenting myself as to when I take my Armour dosage.  Right now I take 2 grains in the morning, and one in early afternoon.  Next I plan to try taking some right before bedtime, and less in the morning.  I don't notice any real rushes from taking my med.  I do know that back when Armour was not available, and I was taking an equivalent amount of Synthroid and Cytomel, I never felt really comfortable with it.  Have no explanation as to why, but I am more comfortable with Armour.  Of course, everyone absorbs and reacts differently, so who knows?