eczema & synthroid
Has anyone noticed a connection between taking Synthroid and developing eczema? My ezcema hasn't bothered me in 10-15 years, but in the three weeks since I've been on generic synthroid, it's been getting worse and worse. (I'm on 88 mcg daily)

- viv
Could be you're sensitive to an ingredient in it. See if you can get on a brand of levothyroxine which doesn't have many fillers.

I might have to go that direction too for the same reason.
Yep VIV -- big sensitivity to rashes and exzema. Thyroid meds are known for that and most doctors will agree.

I get psorisis (sp) every winter and now on thyroid meds (and it hasn't mattered which one I took) it got worse.

I know this sounds odd - but inside tanning has helped me alot and Olive oil after it. I don't have any issues in 6 yrs now again and my skin actually is better now than before. Plus I have been following the ZInc tablets too. They help alot. Those creams are steriods - and I just didn't want to upset my system adding that - and wanted my body to try and correct itself first - if possible. The melatonin in our skin gets rejuvinated when out in the sun and that will correct some rashes. Thyroid meds may make you sensitive to natural sunlight - so that is why I chose indoor .

I know tanning is taboo -- and is not really good either - but I weighed the lesser of two evils and I suppose for me - I am happy with what I am doing.
jd2
i find i get exzema if my dose is not quite right, like if im a bit hypo or hyper. and also if i eat dairy - it could be from a food you're eating. and i think im getting it from the orange colouring in  my thyroid meds.
Thanks, everyone. I got back to the doc next week for my four-week post-op visit. Will be talking about dosage, so I'll bring this up. I appreciate the feedback!
- viv