Thyroid Disorders Community
emotionally physically drained

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

emotionally physically drained

I'm new to this.. but not to how I feel.. I've been on an emotional roller coaster for years... thought I was just depressed.. now I'm losing my hair.. bald spots all over... never feel rested..always tired.. have phobias about leaving home now... mood swings.. just starting w an endo dr.

Help me...
Do you think you have a thyroid condition? While those symptoms can be thyroid related, they can also have other causes.

Have you had any thyroid tests done yet?  If so, please post the test results; be sure to include reference ranges, which vary lab to lab and have to come from your own report.

Do you have other symptoms of a thyroid condition?  Those could include weight gain/loss, constipation/diarrhea, muscle/joint aches/pains, along with many others.  
Have been taking Synthroid for a long time... I never really thought much of it as I was going through a lot at that time... however... hypothyroid is what they're testing for now and they have my full attention. My joints hurt, hands constantly go into spasm while driving... I've got rods in my spine so I wrote alot of pain and depression off to that... times got better But my hair is falling out horribly... no libido... can't get enough rest... rarely have a solid stool... haven't for years... I take depression meds... But when I take the new thyroid med.. "armour".. 1gr.. 60mg... it throws me into overdrive w mood swings and emotions... which I thought was the problem to begin w... I don't believe that anymore... I have no appetite... I force myself to eat... just leaving the house some days is pure hell... I have good days... But they don't come often and I have nothing depressing me to that point... the new med 'armour' I started 4 days ago and it threw me into a major raging mood swing... I've been researching thyroid disease for a bit while I wait for my labs from the previous day to come back... soooo many symptoms... they just fit...  seems like a door is finally opening... I just want my dr to give me definite answers... and now I know SOME questions to ask her...
Sometimes I feel like my memory is gone!!! Soooo much is happening... concentration... not happening... I'm cold all the time... at least my feet are... and that and heat varies...
Trying to get the hang of this.. On tablet... posted more... hands are in spasm bad now... be back later.. I posted more comments.. hope I figure this out.
You'll get the hang of the forum; don't worry about it.

Your symptoms, with the weight loss and diarrhea indicate over medication, not hypothyroidism, which would be under medication.

What medication are you currently taking, what dosage and how long have you been taking it?

Do you have copies of your lab reports so you can post the results here for me to see?  I won't be able to help you much without being able to see those, because some symptoms can apply to either, hyper or  hypo.

Do you know if you have Hashimoto's thyroiditis?
Just got my initial labs before seeing Endocrinology Dr.
Free T3 is 3.1  FreeT4 is 0.97 TSH Is 5.5  Can u or anyone help me interpret what exactly these mean? I get confused when she's talking and think if someone could write it out... explain it to me plz..?? I need to understand this... as of right now I'm on no meds due to adverse reaction to both synthroid and Armour 60 mg. ..so far... more waiting...
I wrote down I guess what are my ranges also... Ft3 (2.0-2.4) Ft4 (0.79-0.29) and the upper for my TSH she said was 4.58?? Don't know how to read these yet... can someone please help me??
Here's what I'm getting for your labs:

FT3 = 3.1  (2.0 - 2.4) - please check the range; should the upper limit be 4.4?
FT4 = 0.97  (0.79-0.29)  -  please check that range; is it supposed to be 1.29?
TSH = 5.5  

I can't really calculate your percentages, because I don't think you typed in the right upper limits of the ranges.

What adverse reaction did you have to synthroid?  What reaction to Armour?  Often when starting or increasing a medication/dosage patients feel worse, before they feel better.  Many insist that it's a "reaction" to the medication, but it's really not; it's the body trying to readjust to having thyroid hormones again.