Thyroid Disorders Community
enlarged lymph node and mass by thyroid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

enlarged lymph node and mass by thyroid

I went to see an ENT because I had a lump behind my left ear at the top of the jaw. I took antibotics for a month. The lump did'nt go away. I had a MRI. The Mri report read: there is enlargement of the right lobe of the thyroid with maximum dimensions of 5.8 cm CC, 3.4cm AP and 3cm transverse maximal diametere. No lymph of evidence of abnormal signs or character are appreciated. No musocal abnormality is identified. Subcentimenter lymph nodes with superficial parotid glands bilaterally, possibly accounting for palpated mass.
I am so concerned that I may have cancer. Especially since my lymph nodes are swollen. Is it possible that  I have cancer since I have a mass on one side of my thyroid and enlarged lymph nodes? Could it be a goiter? Will I need surgery no matter what?
I am scheduled for a biopsy in two weeks.