excessive sweating
does your thyroid cause excessive sweating? is there a test that will tell what the problem is? i have suffered from this problem for two years  and i need help.

This discussion is related to thyroid disorder and abnormal body temperature.
The fluctuations of your thyroid levels can cause sweating.  I have Hyperthyroidism.  That was one of my first symptoms, especially waking up in the middle of the night hot when it was 30 degrees outside.  Has gotten much better since taking Methimazole.  But do still get hot from time to time.
The answer is yes, usually only when you are hyperthyroid though. Or if you are on to much meds and are going hyper it might happen too.Or if its hot outside lol.lSounds like you dont take meds and are just sweating, so i would have a tsh, free t-3,free t-4, thyroid antibodies,and adrenal test done. This will give you a basic idea of your thyroid function.Im sure that their are other things that can make you excessivley sweat as well though. Do you feel hyperactive?Or got heart palp or anxiety?These are all signs of hyperthroidism.