Thyroid Disorders Community
exercise intolerance
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

exercise intolerance

Anybody find an answer to ongoing problems with exercise intolerance?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.  Not sure what you mean.  I'm exercise intolerant because I detest perspiring!  Could you be more specific?  Pain?  Lethargy?  Nausea? Cramping?
Blank
In my case, exercise intolerance means some connection with the thyroid I imagine whereby I feel exhausted by exercise instead of refreshed. I still exercise by walking, but feel I would feel better without it. This is after being a tennis player for years and having to stop because the more I played the more I suffered afterwards as far as being exhausted the next day.
Blank
359987_tn?1207677404
I too suffer from feeling lousy after exercise. In fact I just asked my doctor about it and he brushed me off and said "you should feel better after you exercise."  No kidding that's what I have learned all my life but, for what ever reason I don't.  He offered no support or assistance to figure it out either.  

I used to ride a bike for 6 miles everyday, now when I do it I could sleep for the rest of the day.  I asked him if my being more active affect the my medication dose and he said no.

I will be anxiuos to see the responses you get here, maybe someone can help!!

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
Blank
I think for "normal" doctors it must be hard for them to be compassionate about those mentioning complaints they probably find  relatively insignificant. In my case, the exercise intolerance was one of the reasons I stopped coaching tennis ( there went that income)...Another factor was short term memory problems ,,,another brush aside  by Endos . Thanks for your response. I have had the exercise problem for a long time, but periodically check to see if anyone might have figured something out .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...