Aa
A
A
Close
extreme cold intolerance
I have been dealing with extreme cold intolerance for almost 2 years.  I have seen an endocrinologist.  Thyroid studies were WNL.  Echocardiogram WNL.  CBC WNL.  Growth hormone was low, twice, but glucagon/propranolol challenge WNL.  I also have been dealing with dry skin and hair, fatigue, etc.  The coldness is pretty constant to the point that sometimes it almost hurts.  I sleep with my electric blanket, which has made my nights more tolerable.  It seems to be a core coldness, versus just hands and feet.  It is downright bone chilling most of the time.  I am 36, 5'5", 160.  General good health.  Cycles WNL, using Nuva Ring.  Take multivitamin daily.  My father and grandmother, both have hypothyroid.  I am at my wits end.  Do you have any other suggestions?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
214901_tn?1227571155
I had been experiencing cold intolerance for several years as well as fatigue. My hair was also slowly falling out for over 2 years. However, in the last 5 months, it got ALOT worse, I lost over 1/4 of my hair, I can barely stand to go outside in the winter and I sleep 12+ hours a night and have no energy to do anything. My levels were always normal, until 3 weeks ago, they were very severe TSH-67 T4 >5. I think its one of those conditions where you feel like **** but everything is normal, then one day it just really sneaks up on you.
Comment
Cancel
214901_tn?1227571155
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
extreme cold intolerance
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources