Thyroid Disorders Community
frequent diarrhea

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

frequent diarrhea

I have been having frequent diarrhea, anywhere from several times a day to several times a week.
It seems like right after I wake up in the morning i have diarrhea and they through out the day, as soon as i have a meal. i have talked to my doctor and they tested by blood for hyper active thyroid but could not find anything.
have you had anything like this?
I get it constantly! It has been put down to my anti-cholesterol tablet, stress, not eating right, drinking too much fluids, you name it! I had a colonoscopy done too!

Often it can be caused by gluten intolerance (which I have and does flare up when I eat gluten inadvertantly) Have you been checked for that?

Unfortunately diahorrea has many reasons so it would be best to get a full work up.

Also what were the levels from your thyroid tests? Just because they didn't find anything doesn't mean you may not be hyperthyroid. Too many doctors misinterpret the results as 'normal'

Cheers
You know I am coming to the conclusion to get myself tested for gluten intolerance.
I hear a lot of people having different reactions to gluten.
I am on allergy meds, as on a few months ago because at random times of the day i break out in hives in conjunction with having the diarrhea first thing in the morning and pretty much though out the day.
I wonder if the hives and diarrhea are related to the gluten intolerance.
thanks for the tip.