Thyroid Disorders Community
giant hives
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

giant hives

I have suffered from severe hives for almost 10 years off and on.  When I say hives, I'm talking severe, raised red blotches all over my body.  It started one day with my eye swelling shut and progressed to everywhere and within the last year, my throat has nearly closed completely three times.  No one has ever been able to figure out what was causing the hives.  I have moved to a different city, then back, gotten rid of just about everything, cleaned everything and quit eating just about everything from one time to the next.  After the whole throat closing incidents I went back to my allergist.  She put me on singular which has helped a lot and had my blood tested.  The blood tests came back this week saying that I have a thyroid problem.  I don't yet know exactly what thyroid problem, but she thinks it will solve everything.  Anyone else have similar experiences?  Also, I have tried a skin cream called "redmond clay."  Basically it's refined mud that you mix up, rub on and let dry.  If anyone is experiencing itching, you might consider it.  It has worked wonders for me, but of corse, you can't go around every day covered in grey mud and I can't put it on my throat.  Good luck to anyone who is also having itching.