Thyroid Disorders Community
goiter surgery?!?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

goiter surgery?!?

I have a non-toxic goiter and i am planning to get a surgery as soon as possible but my friends told me that the goiter will appear again a year or two after surgery. Well, they even said that it will bring a tremendous effect...the worse it can developed into cancer. How true is it?
Related Discussions
158939_tn?1274918797
Your friends are, well, full of it.

Thyroid tissue can regrow but not at the level they are talking about.  After your surgery you will be put on thyroid replacement meds which will balance out your system and help prevent anything from regrowing.  Your labs will be monitored too.

Thyroid cancer doesn't just show up in previously healthy but removed tissue.  Tell your "friends" you talked to people who have been through thyroid surgery AND thyroid cancer and they are wrong (then smack them upside the head for trying to scare you)

Here's a great website that can give you information:  http://www.endocrineweb.com/thyroid.html

Utahmomma
papillary carcinoma '03, second surgery '04
three sisters with papillary carcinoma
another sister with precancer and daughter with precancer
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources