Thyroid Disorders Community
hashimotos and agent orange

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hashimotos and agent orange

Are there any studies or findings that Agent Orange caused hashimotos disease? I am the daughter of a vietnam veteren who was exposed to agent orange and no one else in my family has hashimotos disease or thyroid problems.
Have you been tested for Epstein-Barr Virus....that is one of the leading causes of Hashimoto's.
So is there anything to do if it is caused by Epstein-Barr?

My problems started somewhere around a year after my 1st child and I do remember getting really sick and my mom having to take him.  Had all the symptoms of it being that.  Could that be why I still have so much fatigue?
Am a VN vet. Had my thyroid removed a few years back. the most recent data on A.O. is its seems to cause Graves disease, a form of hyperthroidism. the data showed those exposed to A.O. had fewer cases of Hypo throid disease. If Veteran service makes it a sc disease it will most likly be for Graves.
Chevy1932 hasn't been active on the forum since this thread was started.

I'm not very familiar with A.O, but I assume you've done some homework on this; so it's nice to know that it, predominantly, causes Graves Disease vs Hashimoto's.

Was your thyroid removed because of Graves Disease?

Thanks for your input.