hashimotos and agent orange
Are there any studies or findings that Agent Orange caused hashimotos disease? I am the daughter of a vietnam veteren who was exposed to agent orange and no one else in my family has hashimotos disease or thyroid problems.
Have you been tested for Epstein-Barr Virus....that is one of the leading causes of Hashimoto's.
So is there anything to do if it is caused by Epstein-Barr?

My problems started somewhere around a year after my 1st child and I do remember getting really sick and my mom having to take him.  Had all the symptoms of it being that.  Could that be why I still have so much fatigue?
Am a VN vet. Had my thyroid removed a few years back. the most recent data on A.O. is its seems to cause Graves disease, a form of hyperthroidism. the data showed those exposed to A.O. had fewer cases of Hypo throid disease. If Veteran service makes it a sc disease it will most likly be for Graves.
Chevy1932 hasn't been active on the forum since this thread was started.

I'm not very familiar with A.O, but I assume you've done some homework on this; so it's nice to know that it, predominantly, causes Graves Disease vs Hashimoto's.

Was your thyroid removed because of Graves Disease?

Thanks for your input.