hashimoto's and children..........
hi,

I just wanted to know if it would be general practice once someone is diagnosed with
hashimoto's........would doctors generally suggest that their children then be tested for
this?

thanks!
What's your child's basal temperature? is it in the 97 range? Do they show the signs of Hashi?

The members of my family generally get it in their 30s/40s. It is most common in women of childbearing age or later.

I'm not getting my six-year-old poked with needles just yet. She's got way too much energy. Her basal temp is in the 98 range, and she has absolutely no problem pooping. I did take her to get her checkup the other day, and the neurotic mother that I am, I had the doc feel her thyroid glands and no swelling.

:) Tamra
Hello ,
If you have it then it's recommended to check for your childrens each 6 months ,it can start in childrens as young as 2 years old , and even younger .

all the best ,
Probably they'd only test children if there were reasons (ie very strong family history) to do so or if they suspect thyroid problems (weight, energy issues, developmental issues)....
In some places all newly born children are checked !!
My child has no developmental issues or weight issues. She's energetic, smart and has no symptoms.

I'm not testing her yet. The doc felt her thyroid and no enlargement.

I'm pretty sure my Hashi began shortly before or after pregnancy.

:) Tamra