Thyroid Disorders Community
hashimotos or maybe not?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hashimotos or maybe not?

I was diagnosed with hashimotos disease over 30 years ago and took synthroid for 20 years.  About 10 years ago my thyroid went too high, so the doctor took me off of it.   Since then, I have gone to other doctors who tell me that yes hashimotos does show up, but it is minimal and they will not prescribe any thyroid medicine for me.  I have heard two theories---one is that I was given thyroid medicine  to suppress my thyroid gland from producing in an effort to keep the hashimotos under control.  The other theory is that if my thyroid levels are within normal range, then it is impossible to have hashimotos disease; therefore, no thyroid medication is needed.  So--I am not taking thyroid, 2 doctors will not prescribe it, instead they diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, and osteoarthritis.  Since the symptoms are about the same for those ailments, i am wondering if I have been misdiagnosed.   Should I be on some type of thyroid?  Comments?  
Please post your thyroid test results and reference ranges.  What symptoms do you have that might indicate hypo or hyper?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank