Aa
A
A
Close
headache and muscle weakness
Not sure what is going on with me, i am taking thyroid medication 10mg 5 a day methymazole, BP Propranolol 120 mg 1 time a day, back in november I had to go to the hospital for a thyroid storm, my bp when entering ER was 200/220 I told them I had thyroid condition and what medications I took, well anyway they lowered my BP to fast and had me upside down on the table, I kept complaining about my back and stomach were hurting really bad, so they give me a pain shot of Demerol, anyway I guess I had  some type of attack my husband said I started shaking like he had never seen anyone shake before and then my eyes rolled back in my head and I set off every alarm possible in the er room, they made him leave, after about 50 others came running to the er.  I don't remember anything else till the next morning about 4:00 a.m, I had went into emergency room at 7:00 p.m the night before. so 9 hours I was out.  I woke up in the ICU unit. this all happened in 11/2008 well to this day, I have gained 50 lbs, My appetite has decreased instead of increasing, I have headaches, I can't sleep at night, for my arms and legs going numb and tingling, My bowel movements have changed from everyday to maybe every 2 -3 days apart, less urinating, bloating, belching, gas,  feels everytime I turn my neck it seems like I pull a muscle,  I can't stand or walk more than 10 minutes without lower back hurting really bad.   I don't recall pulling any muscles, But I do remember them telling me in hospital after all the other things that happened to me, my pancreas was swollen, my liver and kidney was 2 , what is going on with my body, before the other happened I was okay with the exception of thyroid problems, but now what can it be?  I am really worried, I have no Med insurance, I had to quit my job because it included me walking about 20 miles a day, and lifting equipment out of a jeep.  I am only 47 years old. And I only weighed 118 before all this. I have  Graves Disease. overactive thyroid with goiters. Oh and another thing every now and again I get light headed and start seeing on the left side of my eye looks like a kaleidascope of black and white movement which last around 3-4 minutes.
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources