help with test results hypothyroid
looks like things are out of whack

T4 FREE 1.1  (0.8 TO  1.8)  good
TSH 7.39 (0.40-4.50 mIU/L )  Bad
FREE T3 195   (210-440)   Bad
T3, TOTAL 77   (76-181 )  Good

they have increased my levo to .050 to fix my t4. They have told me that by increasing the t4, the t3 will also be fixed.

help?

thanks,
Bruce

if I were interpreting those results.....i would say your 3's are way too low, your tsh is way too high and your t4 is somewhat on the low side.

the tsh is obviously too high, indicating hypothyroidism. the 3's and 4's back that up.

are you feeling hypo? thats the important thing. how do you feel? not that any doctors going to ask that question.
T4 is supposed to convert to T3 for most people, but not all. I have to add T3 (Cytomel) to my T4 because I do not convert well. Keep checking the Free T3 though to make sure that you are converting.
Well, you are obviously hypo; and I think you posted to that effect earlier.  

Theoretically, the T4 should convert to T3, but there are those of for whom that doesn't happen and we have to add a T3 med.  Some switch to dessicated thyroid med (T3/T4 combo), some of us add cytomel, which is a T3 med.  

With your FT3 as low as it is and with the issues you've had all along, I'm wondering if you should insist on adding a T3 med, if only temporarily.  Having the FT3 higher seems to help a lot of us, particularly me, the most.  

When will you be retested?  Hopefully not more than 5-6 weeks.