Thyroid Disorders Community
high thyroperoxidase Ab "normal" TSH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

high thyroperoxidase Ab "normal" TSH

I'm a 23 year old female, and my mother has been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which prompted her to get me to get the blood work done because she felt I had more symptoms than she did. So I went to her naturopath and he did the test, my TSH was at 3.5 with a refrence range of .38-5.5, my Free T4 was 16.1 with a refrence range of 10.05 - 20.0, my free T3 was 4.8 with refrence range of 3.5 - 6.5, my Thyroperoxidase ab showed a level of 579 with a refrence of <35. Because my medical does not cover a naturopath, I decided to go to my doctor, she's told me that i'm too young, and that because my TSH is within normal range, she won't refer me to an endocrineologist. I'm constantly feeling absentminded and foggy, my hands and feet are always cold and my voice has been hoarse for a while now. Should i be seeking a second opnion?
You should go to an ENDO, you have an autoimmune disease of your thyroid (Hashi), you  have symptoms and your TSH is out of new American endo reference range for TSH (0,3-3). Tell the doctor about new references...and good luck
I was diagnosed with normal tests and high antibodies.  My doc is my GP.  Get a second opinion and maybe switch to a doctor who listens to you.