high tsh - natural cure?

My husband had lab work show his TSH level was 13.96 and the range was .35-4.94 for normal.  I'm assuming this indicates a hypothyroid condition as he is always tired, dry skin on fingers, hair thinning, slow metabolism, cold hands and feet.

If so, was wondering if anyone has had success in treating this with natural products?  Have read some about coconut oil and wondered.   Any other ideas?

thanks,

Tricia
Realize the difference between Hoshimotos hypothyroid from autoimmune and run of the mill hypothyroid. Hoshi can not be cured, it an actual disease only treated by thyroid hormone replacement meds. There are sups that can support but not cure Hoshi.

Did he have any of the two antibody testing done to rule out Hoshimoto. This is a step that some uniformed doctors still  skip. This is basic medical knowledge, they should know.

I answered a similar post today on this with more info, read up.

You do not mention if he is on any meds or not. Do not ignore this as many men do, can affect heart, can be life threatening in the long haul.

natural treatments can be beneficial to overall health, but basically if your TSH is high you need to take thyroid meds to bring it down.  The most common med to take is T4, levothyroxine  / thyroxine.

His symptoms should improve once he is on meds.

Ideally TSH would be in the range of 1 - 2.0.  Would be good if they also test his FT3 and FT4.  Ideally for most people these are both in the upper half of the reference range.

Once he starts meds (it is usual to start on a low dose) he should then be tested for FT3, FT4 and TSH after 6 weeks, and then meds should be adjusted accordingly.  this should continue (the dose adjustment and retesting) until his levels are in the appropriate range AND he is feeling good.