Thyroid Disorders Community
hoarse voice
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hoarse voice

Hi,its been almost 3 months now since i undergo surgery..everything is fine..except my voice..I've got a hoarse voice after my surgery..i can say that there's an improvement as days goes by..but i'm worried coz its been 3 mos no.and i havent got my full voice back..if i'm on a crowded place..they can hear me//but could'nt understand..is there any one experienced this kind problem..maybe you could help me..my surgeon keep on telling me that this will come back soon..but how soon..i'm afraid this is not natural,i'm afraid maybe they damage my vocal cord..i'm planning to see other doctor for some advice..
i will really appreciate for every comment that each of you will post..

thank you,

hred
Tags: surgery
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
Usually the vocal cord issues are temporary but sometimes they can be permanent.  Definitely keep up with Dr. appts and followup visits and if you don't feel 100% fine with what you are hearing I'd get a second opinion maybe?

Cheryl
Blank
I had a total TT on August 30,2007 and had hoarseness, weakness, lack of range, etc. in my voice until the end of December.  I was able to sing again and was in a one night show, which I wouldn't have been able to do in November.

In Feb and March is got a little hoarse again, which I think was due to extremely dry conditions at work. End of April, it came back fully. I guess it's probably 95% of what it was.  I do notice my range is a bit limited.
Blank
427555_tn?1267556758
I lost my voice for 6 weeks after a TT. I had a paralyzed vocal cord, although it was not touched during surgery. Have you had an examination of your vocal cords to see if they aren't paralyzed.  It can be done in the office of the ENT.  If it does not come back there are things that can be done such as an injection to make the cords come together.  I think they use botox.  
Trish
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank