558632_tn?1303474725
hoarseness
anyone else have come and go hoarseness, i have hoarseness 4 to 5 days out of the week, with slight swellng in throat, then it goes away for a couple of days and comes back

i have enlarged thyroid with a goiter and diagnosed with graves,

thanks GW
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I do have hoarseness, I've had it for about 6 mon.  I've been to ENT and had vocal cord check...came back ok.  My thyroid comes back ok too, although I have a mass on left thyroid...they say to watch.  I am concerned with my voice and pain when talking.  Forget abut singing...well I understand how you feel.  This is frustrating....if you find out amything let me know!  helpless880
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Horseness is a common symptom of thyroid problems.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
369861_tn?1306279286
I have had hoarseness for almost a year.  I had RAI treatment December 08, had hot nodules.  ENT checked vocal cords they turned out fine and no scar tissue.  Hurts when I talk, left side constantly in pain radiating from bottom of throat to left ear.  All docs I have been to say everything is coming back normal.  However, the ENT sent me to speech therapy.  Just finished a 12 week round of vitalstem treatment, which is included with the speech. If it is normal then why so much pain and hoarseness?  I havne't gotten any real answers.

www.vitalstim.com website and read up on the stimulation therapy.  It might help.
I'm at 11 months and counting.  If you have any questions, just ask away. I will answer what I can.

I have been told that some people loses their voice/hoarseness for years and its a part of having thyroid issues.

Take care
Terri
Comment
Cancel
369861_tn?1306279286
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I also have hoarseness on a regular basis. It's so annoying! I sound like I have a cold or my voice is not its normal deep tone. Sometimes my voice sounds as though I'm speaking in a soft or a weak tone because the strength and natural resonance of my real voice is being compromised.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
558632_tn?1303474725
Thanks for all your comments, forgot all about this post, but still have hoarseness. I love this site, now i know i am not alone and it is somewhat comforting. I asked my endo and she said she had no clue why i was hoarse!!!! i knew hoarseness came with hypo, but was  not sure about the hyper. Thanks all.

Kim (Graveswoman)
Comment
Cancel
558632_tn?1303474725
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
4387144_tn?1353826795
Good day! I have hoarseness for almost 8months now, as time goes by it's getting worst. I'm a college student and it's very difficult to interact w/ the class. often I just isolate myself from others, since i can't make a good conversation with them due to my voice. :(( i have visited an ENT doctor he has no clear findings, but just gave a medicine prescription instead, but still it doesn't work. Do you have suggestion about this problem? :'(  
Comment
Cancel
4387144_tn?1353826795
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
558632_tn?1303474725
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
hoarseness
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
Top Thyroid Answerers
Blank