Thyroid Disorders Community
how to measure nodules
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

how to measure nodules

i have a nodule that measures1.9x2.2x3.1cm can anyone tell me how big the nodule is well they don't know if its a nodule or a mass yet i don't know how big it is
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Mass is general term that used to tell about foreign growth; nodules are presumed to be of ball like or ovoid like shape. If it's greatest dimension or diameter is more then 1 cm it is investigated more using by biopsy. The 3 cm solid nodule is considered large .
Blank
thank you so much so 3cm is the size of my nodule or mass ? Because i didn't know the size i just knew the measurements  thats what the measurements add up to ?
Blank
This is the larger dimension of the probable nodule [it is a grape or egg shaped]
Blank
i also have another question my nodule or mass is considered to be "cold" from the nucular scan. The ultrasound report said there is a large heterogeneously echogenic mass which appears to be predominantly solid and which demostrates fairly substantial vascularity on the color flow doppler ultrasound.
Impression: Vascular heterogeneously echogenic predominantly solid appearing mass in the right lobe of the thyroid. What does all this mean? im so lost with this my my dr. doesen't explain thing good
Blank
can you help me with that last question
Blank
help with the last question
Blank
Hello tee, My mother has just received her paper work from the Endo with the same  thing you have. I am trying to get someone on here to help me also. My Moms is 2cm. I am so upset over this but every web site says something different so its hard to figure out. What did your doctor say to yours???????????? Please get back to me and let me know, Thanks, carol 1726
Blank
no my doctor ain't telling me too much of anything and thats making me sooo mad!!!!!!!
Blank
Vascular heterogeneously echogenic predominantly solid appearing mass means that :
this nodule has blood vessels inside , that meanss it is composed of live tissue which can be benign [adenoma] or malignant [cancerous]. The biopsy of such nodule is necessary, as it according to ultrasound findings it is about 25% chance of being cancerous. The surgery will be needed it is
follicular noplasm;
papillary carcinoma or
hurtle cell neoplasm.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity