Thyroid Disorders Community
hyperthyroid and overweight
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hyperthyroid and overweight

I am 30 years old and was diagnosed about a year ago with hyperthyroidism. I've had the radio-iodine test done and it showed I had a nodule about the size of a pea on the lower lobe of each side of my thyroid that is causing the hyperactivity. I just had my blood work done again and my TSH is 0.019 and the doctor wants to do another radioactive iodine test again. I'm very confused. I've had symptoms for many years such as being extremely hot natured, heart palpitations, heavy breathing, tremors, etc. But one big difference is that i'm overweight and my doctor doesn't want to do any treatment because he's afraid I might go hypothyroid and gain more weight. Anyone else with similar problem?
Related Discussions
11852_tn?1216845043
I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism due to Graves Disease and thyca in September 2006.  During that time I was doing Jenny Craig and working out at Curves 5-6 days a week.  I had to fight hard for every pound I lost.  Unfortunately weight loss was not one of the hyper symptoms that I had.  My TSH is kept at a very low level for cancer supression and I still have a hard time losing weight.  I think its in the genes.  My whole family has weight problems.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...