Thyroid Disorders Community
hyperthyroidism
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hyperthyroidism

Hi, recently, I have been digonised with hyperthyroidism. The doctor prescribed wme with camazol. I started taking the medicine but my condition is getting worse. Soon I learned that I got allergies due to taking the medicine. My question is, do we have other treatment for hyperthyrodism?
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Bump
Blank
u may have to have it removed.  It can cause you to become psychotic if not able to et it under control.  
Blank
393685_tn?1325870933
I don't favor removal but tracking more on seeing results....

Being hyper thyroid can cause some symptoms far from pleasing but you can improve your symptoms considerably with the medication...

Is there more info you can post about your issues? Do you have autoimmune hyperthyroidism Graves? How about symptoms?
Blank
If you are allergic then there are other meds.   I was allergic to the methimazole and had to start on PTU and have been fine on this.  If your symptoms are getting worse them ask  about PTU  (prophylthiouracil)  and hopefully you won't be allergic to this too.  For quick symptom control they may want to consider a betablocker--it also helped me till the PTU started to control my symptoms--it helped the anxiety and rapid heart rate.  After the antithyroid med (PTU) kicks in then they can wean you off the betablocker. I also would not jump to having your thryoid removed--I have heard that it is not a cure all either but is sometimes necessary..gotta weight the pros with the cons.---Best wishes that you feel better each and every day.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank