hypo or hyper ?
Hello ,
when I was diagnosed I had an elevated tsh , and elevated TGab and TPOab ,can I be both hypo and hyper at the same time ??
since my doctor mentioned that the restlessness I have and the motive to speak and walk are because I am hyper ?
how could that be ??

Thanks,
it usually means your thyroid is dying off from the hashi, antibodies, you go hypo hyper till it dies off or you have proper treatment with meds to put you in hypothyroidism..Well this is what i was told when the same was happening with me..
What are your latest lab results, along with reference ranges?  Are you being dosed based on TSH values alone?  
Yes, please post FT3 and FT4.  Also, which thyroid meds are you on and what is the dosage?  Has your dosage recently been changed?
Hello ,
after 1.5 months on 700 mcg of eltroxin
TSH 0.04  .35-4.2
FT3  5        3.5-6.5
FT4   20.3   10-20  
after 3 months on 700 mcg of eltroxin per week
TSH  0.04   .35-4.2
FT3    4.2     3.5-6.5
FT4    14.2   10-20

the point is that he didn't meant that I am hyper because of lab results ,but because I have hashi !! I feel a motive to start to speak and explain and walk , and he said this is restlessness because you are  hyper !!

Your latest labs don't indicate that you are hyper, but your symptoms are most important.  

At the 1.5 month test, your FT4 was high and your FT3 was "high normal" so you most likely WERE hyper at that time; however, at the 3 month mark, your FT's are in the lower part of their ranges.  Yes, your TSH is low and that's probably why your doctor is saying you are still hyper.  Mine is 0.02 and all doctors, except my endo, try to tell ME I'm hyper too, but neither my symptoms, nor FT's bear that out.  

Do you have other symptoms besides the restlessness and need to walk and talk?  That's the most important thing - symptoms.
Hello ,
actually I still have hypo symptoms , and as before my TSH is supposed to rise in few weeks (3-4 months after each increase) ,
swallowed eyes ,hair loss and mental impairment are among the symptoms I have !  
I also sleep a lot !
bump
It is not at all unusual for the TSH to be suppressed to the low end of the range, or below when taking thyroid meds.  It is a mistake for doctors to automatically assume that you are thus hyper.  Only hyper symptoms mean you are hyper.  My TSH was under .05 for well over 20 years with no hyper symptoms.  Actually I continued to have minor hypo symptoms, which I later found out was  because my FT3 was in the low end of its range.  

From your symptoms and from looking at your test results, I think you need to have an increase in your meds to move the FT4 and FT3 into the upper part of their ranges, without regard for the TSH level.  The lack of TSH does nothing to your body.  It is only an indicator or the actual thyroid hormone levels.  Biological activity is primarily due to FT3 and secondarily from FT4.  In my opinion the best way to treat a thyroid patient is to test and adjust the levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones (FT3 and FT4) with what ever meds are required to alleviate symptoms.

If you want an explanation as to why the ranges for FT3 and FT4 are too broad and result in patients continuing to suffer from hypo symptoms when their levels are in the lower half of their ranges, then I'll drag it out and post it again.