Thyroid Disorders Community
hypopituitary?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hypopituitary?

I am currently not on any medicine and I have not been diagnosed with any thyroid problems, however I feel very sick. I have just about every hypothyroid symptom out there, and I have the WORST headaches nearly every day. I've tried pain and migraine meds and nothing works. They get so bad that I start to see colors, my vision blurs, I get shakey (shaky), and I feel nauseous, sometimes vomitting from the pain. Most mornings I wake up feeling hungover, but I don't drink the night before and as far as I know, I'm sleeping just fine. My most recent labs (5 days ago) were tsh at .41 and free t4 at 1.1. I know these are within normal range, but are they on the lower side? I'm especially concerned about my tsh because it keeps getting lower. The first tsh I had done was in June 09 and it was.72. In January 2010 my tsh was .64. All these tests were done around 8am. Are those changes very significant? And I thought that if tsh was low, free t4 should be high. This makes me wonder if there could be a pituitary problem? I also had my cortisol tested around 8am in January and it was at 5. I was given an ACTH stim a few days later and at 8am base cortisol was at 11. I know this is within range, but still on the lower side for what is supposed to be the highest spike of the day. My adrenals did react to the stim, going from 11 to 27 to 33 every 30 minutes. That's great that my adrenals work so well, but I'm left wondering why my cortisol, tsh, and free t4 are all on the low end. (And there was no base ACTH serum taken.) My endocrinologist seems to want to try everything except lookin at the pituitary. (I had an echocardiogram today for a heart murmur and there was a small valve leak, but nothing too serious.) Do you think I should have the pituitary function addressed?