Thyroid Disorders Community
hypothyrodism and high uric acid level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hypothyrodism and high uric acid level

Hello Doctor,
I recently had a blood test which showed my  uric acid = 8.6 mg/l, TSH=9.06, and cholesterol 223. I am just wondering that   is the hypothyrodism the cause for both high level of uric acd and cholesterol.   I am a 56 years old post-menopause woman and had never have thyroid and gout problem before.  However, the uric acid and tsh level were just getting higher and higher every year for the past 2 years.  I am afraid if I don't get any treatment now, it may later develop gout and other symptoms.   What type of treatment should I have now ?   Should I take thyroid treatment  first before taking any like crestor for cholesterol or medication for uric acid ?  please advise.  Thanks !!!    
You may have hit the wrong button at the top of the page, we are not doctors, but all have thyroid problems, but to answer part of your questions, your TSH being 9.06 would indicate you are Hypothyroid (Underactive) only, it does not conclude why you are Hypothyroid, you would need at least the Free T3 and T4 lab readings for members here to comment, Hypothyroid does cause High Cholesterol among other symptoms, you can be treated for Cholesterol while being treated for Hyopo, I take Synthroid for thyroid  and Lipitor for Cholesterol. I have no knowlede of the Uric Acid levels. There is a tab or button at the top of the page for "Doctors" to repost your question. Good Luck FTB4
I could be wrong here, but I believe the uric acid is maybe the PH level in your urine. My urologist has me on potassium citrate because she says my urine is too acidy..

This is just my two cents worth.