hypothyroid /graves disease/ double vision
Hello Dr
I am a 43 year old female. I was Dx in 2007 with hyperthyroidism with graves. I underwent iodine treatment and now i'm considered hypo. currently taking levothyroxin 0.125 mcg and my symptoms of hypothyroid still exist. cold intolerance, dry skin, abnornal mens cycle etc.  My Dr says my TSH levels are where he want them to be.   I started having double vision about 6 mos after the iodine treatment and has progressively gotten worse and worsening by the day.  My Dr told me that it should stop worsening 6 mos to a year.  Well, not so, I originally had double vision when looking left or right. now I have double vision all the time. very puffy eyelids top and bottm and I notice my eyes are crossed at times.  My Dr again says its just a part of having graves disease. Can you please give me some direction? Is there any hope for my eyes.  I've even tried several eye Dr's. MRI, US, Ct Scans.  all I'm told shows nothing except it's associated with my thyroid disese.  Please help me.
Thank you.
Please help me.
I have had the same experience as you. Grave/RAI 2004/ hypo ( but also Hashi recently found)

I developed the same things as you describe and was very ill for 4 years. I did extensive reading on hypothyroidism and found out that most doctors do not test Free Thyroid hormone levels. FT3 and FT4 tests are not done in most cases.

I was up to .175 Synthroid ( i think that was it - maybe higher) and nothing helped.

In my case I was not converting the T4 Synthroid into the Fre T3 our bodies have when we have thyroid function. Simply I needed direct T3 meds with some T4.

I researched about T3/T4 combo thyroid meds - natural desiccated hormone medication and went to Armour. Recently I am now taking Naturethroid.

I noticed a significate improvement in brain fog - and mental alertness starting on it within 3 days

After I became stronger I read about magnesium deficientcies, iodine deficiencies, Vit B complex , zinc and VitC deficiencies.

I started looking at things I was having and found slowly the answers I needed to overcome the debilitating symptoms of hypothyroidism after RAI/

I have been well and stable now for almost 2 years

Have you looked up Thyroid eye disease? There are some treatments for it. Have you seen a neuro opthomalogist (sp?) ?

I see letters over lapping and have the puffiness as well. I have dry eyes real bad as well.

Look up thyroid eye disease and see if that will give you any type of direction, sorry could not of been more helpful.

My eye dr. told me the antibodies are attacking my eye muscles behind the eyes.