Thyroid Disorders Community
hypothyroid & kidney stones??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypothyroid & kidney stones??

After a thoroughly, wonderfully *fun* run around with 5 kidney stones back in November of last year, I found out that i had a rather nice dermoid ovarian cyst. No worries, got that taken care of...but was back at the doctor a few months later only to find out that I was working on mild hypothyroid issue! Low and behold, just the other day (and back at the doctor...again), i felt those tell-tale signs that another stone was on its way through my system... all this within the span of 7 months.

My question is this... is there any research out there that finds a tie between hypothyroid conditions and kidney stones? Or, for that matter, between surgery and subsequent development of a hypothyroid condition?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
458072_tn?1291418786
You know, there has to be a correlation. My sister, my grandmother, and myself have thyroid problems and we all have had kidney stones. Multiple times.
Blank
168348_tn?1379360675
The only correlation I've been able to find (because I developed stones and finally passed my last one February and am STONE FREE YIPPEE - had to get that one in there) is that if you have a Parathyroid issue which produced too much CALCIUM then you are predisposed to develop Calcium Oxalate stones.

Have they ck'd your calcium and other minearls, etc. thru 24hr urine and/or bloodwork?

It is essential with your history.

I, too, had ovarian cysts when I was having hyper #'s vs. my normal more hypo a few yrs ago ... they came for 2 yrs and are gone now .... as well as my #'s being better in the TSH dept.  So I don't have a clinical answer but wonder.

A good ? for Dr. Lupo

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/120

Cheryl
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity