hypothyroid and balance problems
Hi all for past 3months have had balance problems, falling usually to the left, but have fell backwards and forwards. Also had seizures insomnia major muscle problems, and so on. Last week blood test confirmed hypothyroid, and started thyroxine. Also quite anxious and irritated. Has anyone had these balance problems, do they stop? getting concerned about going out fall so much. I am new to the forum and posted in wrong place originally. Would love any advice in relation to all of it really
When I was hypo, I was clumsy, falling several times while out walking or running. I would drop glasses and bowls.  Now that I am on regular meds, my clumsiness is gone, I haven't broken anything in a couple of years, and I haven't fallen since before I had my TT.  Connection?  Maybe, but also may be anecdotal.
I have hashi's and when Im hypothyroid I get very stiff and clumsy, which makes my balance bad.  When you are at the correct does all these symptoms will vanish. Good luck to you and hope all is well very soon.
You can learn a lot about the best way to treat hypothyroidism, in this link written by a good thyroid doctor.  A good thyroid doctor is one that will treat a hypo patient clinically by testing and adjusting the biologically active thyroid hormones,Free T3 and Free T4, with meds as necessary to relieve symptoms, without being constrained by resultant TSH levels.  Symptom relief should be all important, not jsut test results..

http://hormonerestoration.com/files/ThyroidPMD.pdf
thank you all, your comments were  very helpful, gimel i have the link
in the summer of 2013 i started getting what i thought was a sinus infection, every month after that for a year i was antibiotics for an infection, i was diagnosed a year before that with hypothyroidism (borderline) i have had the stuffiness, facial pain and lightheadedness every other month for the year of 2014, i was taken to the emergency room on my birthday in january 2015 with a headache so bad they gave me morphine to relieve it i still have facial pain and off balance every month but just suffer through it i have been to a neurologiset, ENT, family DR, er DOCTORS , URGENT CARE , NO ONE KNOWS WHY I FEEL THIS WAY. wondering if the hypothyroidism has anything to do with it.
When I corrected my thyroid levels my cerebellar ataxia eventually went away. The neurological test for cerebellar ataxia is the tandem gait test. I could not pass this test before but now I can.  If you want to see a demo on youtube search: Normal Gait Examination : Tandem Gait.  

"The long-recognized association between cerebellar ataxia and hypothyroidism has been termed "myxedema staggers" and is said to occur in up to 10 percent of cases of hypothyroidism (see Lancet 1960; 2:225)."