Thyroid Disorders Community
hypothyroidism and being retested

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hypothyroidism and being retested

I need to know how I can find a endocrinologist in the Manchester nh area.  don't have a current dr to retest me for my hypothyroidism and I need to find out if my adrenal gland if being affected too my cortisol levels were also disturbed a bit and I need to be retested I feel worse than when I did not be on meds, I am taking levythyroxine at 12.5 mg. I accidentally was taking 25 mg due to not reading the directions thoroughly not intentionally please help and can you suggest any good natural supplents I can use along with my meds. what is sea kelp and l taurine I bought those but not sure what doses I should be doing with and for the hypothyroidism please respond privately to my email at ***@**** I rarely go on this site but I am very concerned of how I am still feeling poorly and my dr that diagnoised me is no longer my dr and I haven't found one yet. my TSH levls were 52 or 58 and my T4 levels were normal
Do you have Hashimoto's?  If so then I believe iodine is NOT recommended.  And kelp has iodine in it.

You are taking a starter dose.  Many people will feel worse for a while before feeling better when first taking thyroid medication until your body adjusts.

Sometimes the adrenals will try to make up for the lack of thyroid in your body.  And then when you start taking thyroid hormone it takes a while for the body to recognize that and adjust the adrenals to not produce since you now have thyroid in your blood.

Your private e-mail is censored out on the forum.