Thyroid Disorders Community
hypothyroidism related to kidney disease?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

hypothyroidism related to kidney disease?

Hi, all, I have a question for my aunt, who has all of the Hashi symptoms but still no diagnosis. Many of you know it runs in my family. Her doctor has not yet run thyroid tests on her. He wants to focus on her kidneys because her kidney function is low. My belief is that the hypothyroidism caused her GFR kidney function to be low.

Any thoughts? I am trying to come up with an argument for her doctor. I have read studies on the web linking low FT3 and FT4 levels to kidney disease.

I was hoping to find other members who have had low kidney function to support my claim.

:) Tamra
Related Discussions
393685_tn?1325870933
My belief is the thyroid effects every cell and organ in the body. Your kidneys are your filter system in life - so if things are not filtering out ( slow) issue can occur. I believe alot of illness can stem from thyroid issues and thyroid is not the cause in many eyes but too many other things are taken as an "individual" issue and nothing is looking beyond as a root cause.

usually calcium is an issue with kidneys and the parathyroid really should be viewed entirely. Getting a thyroid diagnois is tough as we know... find parathyroid disease is even worse and hardly ever is this disease caught before it damages things.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...