Aa
A
A
Close
hypothyroidism
i was also born without a thyroid gland. and lemme tell you what.. take your meds!! cause i was just in the hospital for not taking it for 5 months. horrible pains!

This discussion is related to i was born without a THYROID GLAND, WAS ANY ONE ELSE BORN without one?.
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
87651 tn?1259606003
WOW!! 5 months?? Why didnt you take your meds?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I can only imagine how horrible you felt. I was taken off of mine for 3 months by the doctors and I a TT due to thyroid cancer. After 3 months I felt miserable. It was the longest 3 months.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
273579 tn?1256658653
my son was born with hypothyroid and takes his synthroid everyday since he was born,they told he was either born without a glands or they are to small,when i asked the doctor which one is he they told me it dosent matter they treat them with the same medication,so i dont know,
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
420977 tn?1238120425
thats gotta suck i know how i feel after a wk!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
My Father was born without a thyroid and it went undetected until he was age 42.  His doctor did studies and papers and was well published due to the research that he did on my father.  He was labeled a "Modern Medical Miracle".  He has been on synthroid since it was determined.  He is now 70 years old!  YAY Dad!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Thyroid Disorders Community Resources