Thyroid Disorders Community
hypothyroidism

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

hypothyroidism

i was also born without a thyroid gland. and lemme tell you what.. take your meds!! cause i was just in the hospital for not taking it for 5 months. horrible pains!

This discussion is related to i was born without a THYROID GLAND, WAS ANY ONE ELSE BORN without one?.
WOW!! 5 months?? Why didnt you take your meds?
I can only imagine how horrible you felt. I was taken off of mine for 3 months by the doctors and I a TT due to thyroid cancer. After 3 months I felt miserable. It was the longest 3 months.
my son was born with hypothyroid and takes his synthroid everyday since he was born,they told he was either born without a glands or they are to small,when i asked the doctor which one is he they told me it dosent matter they treat them with the same medication,so i dont know,
thats gotta suck i know how i feel after a wk!
My Father was born without a thyroid and it went undetected until he was age 42.  His doctor did studies and papers and was well published due to the research that he did on my father.  He was labeled a "Modern Medical Miracle".  He has been on synthroid since it was determined.  He is now 70 years old!  YAY Dad!