Thyroid Disorders Community
i was born without a thyroid.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

i was born without a thyroid.

hi i was born with out a thyroid its nice to know poele like me

This discussion is related to i was born without a THYROID GLAND, WAS ANY ONE ELSE BORN without one?.
Welcome to the forum, Dannielle.

There is a thread on page four called "not really a question".
Lindsey may like to say hello to you. Post in her thread.

There have been six ir eight people post in the last six months that they were born without a thyroid. You can do a search of the archives and maybe hook up with some of them if that interests you.

Not many of them post regularly, so I don't know how many will see your thread. Again, welcome.

Hi dannielle
I was born without a thyroid gland too
I thought i would never meet other people like me
add me on yahoo or msn if you like

blut_sex_fire @ yahoo.com (without spaces)
the_murdered_one @ hotmail.com (without spaces)
I also have hypothyroidism. To be honest I have never been tested to see if I have a thyroid gland. I was diagn the day after birth due to gaining so much water weight within the first 24 hrs I am now 27. Synthyroid has never really worked for me Ive now been on 300mg daily of Levo for the last 5 years.I was told time after time that I couldnt have children until about a year of trying I was doing an annual and my gyn asked me if ii waanted  to go back on bc she noticed in my chart I havent had any. We began talking about the sitiation and she gave me the option of fertility drugs that could help and sure enough first time I got pregnant with twins. at 12weeks baby b wasnt getting enough nutrients for growth and both my body and baby a began absorbing that fetus. Baby A which is my now 3 year old was born at 6.5 lbs and 18" very health however she has inherited the disease which I requested the following day while at the hospital she be tested again seperatly ffrom the mandatory state testing. I could tell just loooking at her. About a week after she was born we returned to the hospital due to jaundice which is common with children born with hypothyroidism and during winter months. While in the hospital the did confirm she does not have a thyroid. She is now 3 active, smart,happy on levo 88mg daily since synthryoid dont work well with her either.