Thyroid Disorders Community
is my levels ok??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

is my levels ok??

my lab test was 0.829.. is this good or what??   thanks
As in so many things, the answer is, it all depends.  Mainly what it depends on is how you are feeling.  If you are feeling well and have no thyroid related symptoms, then it's good.  

I am assuming that you are talking about a TSH test.  That is the usual test done by so many doctors.  You should be aware that TSH is a pituitary hormone that is affected by many variables.  It is totally inadequate as a diagnostic for thyroid problems.  At best it is an indicator to be considered along with more important indicators, which are symptoms and also the levels of the biologically active thyroid hormones, free T3 and free T4.  

FT3 is the most important because it is the most active and also studies have shown that it correlates best with hypo symptoms.  TSH does not correlate with hypo symptoms.  In fact, I have yet to find a statistically valid study that even shows that TSH correlates well with T4 or T3, much less symptoms.  If you have not been tested for FT3 and FT4, then I heartily recommend that you make sure it is done when you are at the doctor's next time.  The doctor may resist, but don't accept that.  Insist on FT3 and FT4 and don't take no for an answer.  You are the customer.

When those test results are available, I suggest that you get a copy and keep for reference.  The doctor is required to provide a copy upon your request.  If you will post test results and reference ranges from the lab report members will be glad to help interpret.  

If you want to read more about this subject area, here is a good link.

http://www.hormonerestoration.com/Thyroid.html