Thyroid Disorders Community
it just goes on and on

This patient support community is for discussions relating to thyroid issues, goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Human Growth Hormone (HGH), hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, metabolism, parathyroid, pituitary gland, thyroiditis, and thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH).

it just goes on and on

Im still running a fever..... have lost track of how many days its been. Today I have an extra chin from swelling and pain is worse. Our air conditioner is having fits ....of course during a wicked heat wave.... I called my primary dr today and he told me to call the surgeon. Dont know WHY I bothered!! Called a "ask-a-nurse" to see what she thought I should do....told me this falls into the catergory of post op and that the surgeon should "deal" with me for 4-6 weeks post op. sigh. Called the endos office to see if they have my panels results, maybe something is way off there that might be causing this....waiting to hear back from them. sigh

I usually have a high pain tolerence ( would have to with history of kidney stones!) but am not handling this well at all. The higher the fever....the worse the pain gets. Started popping tylenol yesterday for pain and fever until I noticed I was WAY over the amount you can safley take....great. So now Im going to destroy my liver, yeah, just what I need.

Can NOT break the fever no matter what I do. can take a cold shower....99.6. Can drink a whole glass of ice tea....100.5.  I kick the a.c. down until the kids lips turn blue.......99.4.
Right now Im 99.7

anybody have any ideas what I should or shouldnt be doing to get my temp down and make the pain go away??
ok....endos office called me back. wouldnt give the numbers but said I was REAL low......also said that should make me cold not hot?????????  She moved my appointment up to tommorrow. So I said this IS a fever then and probably post op....she said I needed to be seen sooner by the endo and he'll figure this out.
I don't have any answers but sure do hope you feel better soon!!  Let us know!  That fever stuff is SO miserable!  Good luck!

Amy
That is good right? could just be your body right now....Hang in there and let us know how the appt goes tomorrow with the Endo...
You know, I worked with nurses for years and was told you should not always treat a low grade fever with anything more than rest and increased fluid (preferably plain water) intake because it is useful for fighting off infection.
If it gets around 102 then it may be serious. The thyroid problem itself could cause an elevated body temp too.
They say hypos tend to be cold, hypers tend to be hot but I am hypo and I hate heat.. period. Always have hated it. Still do.
Pls let us know as soon as you get home .........................1,000mg's ev. 4 hrs not to exceed a certain am't of dosing is tops right?  If not coming down may be bacterial.  

One more day and hopefully answers!!!  And the right ones!!!!

C~
     Thank god you can get in sooner- it's a bit troublesome for me to think you're still running a temp. Hopefully the endo will get to the bottom of it! Hey while you;'re there don't forget to complain about that nasty office woman!  

Best Wishes~

teresa
If you're allowed an anti-inflammatory, wouldn't know why not, some sort of ibuprofen should help more with the fever and swelling.  Ketoprofin, like Orutdi works really well, especially if other bother your stomach, it won't.

Please let us know what you find out tomorrow.  Am praying for you.

Dac