levothroxine side effects?
I am 50 and was diagnosed with hashi about 3 months ago. I started levothroxine 25 now on 50mg.  I had extreme fatigue and dr told me I was having a paradoxol effect to the meds and gave me methylphenid after 1st month to counter act. It helped with the fatigue but I cant understand how I am gaining weight on those 2 meds. I weighed 125 for the last 10 years and have gained 25 lbs in the last yr. as a result of the hashi, with a 5lb gain in the first month I started taking levothroxine, and an additional 10 lbs while taking both. I eat only 2 small meals a day. I have also been having left arm numbness and tingling, blurred vision, headaches, fatigue, constipation, enlarged, swollen breasts and about a third of my hair has fallen out.  I have insomnia every night and  brain fog and confusion periodically. The dr says it will stop when  he gets the meds regulated. I have no insurance so only seeing a PA in a clinic not an endocrinologist. My family has a history of autoimmune disorders, hashi, fibro, arthritis, addisons,  lupus, and vilitigo. My THS was down to 2 about 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else had these problems and does any have any idea how to stop the weight gain?
I would try to get your MD to switch you to Synthroid, some do well on certain medications and some don't, you may have a reaction to the fillers in the generic that are different in the name brand, I was on Levo for the 1st 6 mo after diagnosis of Hashi's and my levels never budged, when I was put on Synthroid I showed better success. If you have any lab results, post them here with the reference ranges provided, if your MD has tested Free T3 or/and Free T4 post them, or asked him to have these tests done, as they are much more important than TSH. Best Regards FTB4